Task Codes enable users to create optional custom fields to their tasks. These custom fields enable the Gantt chart and metrics to be filtered and sorted in ways that are useful to individual projects and organizations. When creating new tasks, if the user clicks on “More options” the view is expanded to show these optional fields.
Only Project Admins can add Task Codes
Only Users with the appropriate Responsible permission can add/edit Task Code Values
To add a Task Code
- Go to Settings -> Task Codes
- Click on "New Task Code"
- Name your Task Code
- Choose the type of Task Code
- Structured Outline – This option creates a ridged, pre-defined structure that the user can choose from via a drop-down list.
- Text – This option simply creates a free-form text field.
- Number – This option provides a numeric field that can later be used for calculations.
To add Task Code Values
- Select the backlog, planned, or completed task
- Add or modify the appropriate field